A TAILORED MIX OF OLD AND NEW, PRACTICALITY AND LUXURY
The stonewalled entrance gives hardly any clue to the charm and character beyond. Techno wizardry, period details and comfy leisure areas are the hallmarks of this Hiddingh home with solid beams, original wooden doors, gleaming floors and crystal chandeliers alongside French wallpaper, combustion burning fires, American shutters and Italian tiles, this Newlands home has a sophisticated yet grounded feel. Situated on a tree-lined avenue in heavenly Hiddingh Estate within minutes drive of best schools as well as University of Cape Town.
Erf size: 850m² Floor Size: 313 m² Rates: R 3,600 per month
- Paved front garden
- Entrance vestibule in stone walls and a wooden stable front door
- Entrance hall with Victorian checkerboard floor tiles, wooden staircase with foot lights and wine storage underneath
- Guest cloakroom
- Lounge featuring exposed wooden ceiling beams, Rhodesian Teak parquet flooring, a beautiful old wooden door, lead pane windows, closed wood burning fireplace, double doors opening to….
- An all weather covered patio with a huge built-in stone walled barbeque with wood storage space, casual dining room and louvered wooden shutter doors that stack back creating great indoor/outdoor entertainment flow
- The formal dining room with yellowwood flooring and wooden ceiling beams interleads with the lounge
- The delectable contemporary kitchen with breakfast counter, stone walled open wood burning fireplace, vegetable basket drawers, plate racks, space for bar fridge as well, separate scullery double stainless steel sink, space for dishwasher, includes freestanding Smeg electric oven and gas hob as well as an extractor fan. Also opening out to…
- Attractive inner paved courtyard garden
- Study above the garage up a separate staircase currently used as a work-from-home
- Master bedroom suite upstairs includes a huge dressing room with a casement window and custom made upholstered seat, a small make-make up room, electronically operated blind from next to your bed, air conditioner/heater, blissful en suite bathroom in blue with beautiful wall tiles in the shower, bath, bidet, toilet, double vanity unit and heated towel rail
- Second bedroom with mirrored built-in cupboards, closed wood burning fireplace, air conditioner, working American aluminium shutters behind double doors opening out to the pool area
- Third bedroom with checkerboard floor tiles, built-in cupboards, sliding glass doors and air conditioning unit
- Family bathroom with pretty tiled shower, freestanding bath with telephone shower and heated towel rail
- Fourth bedroom and shower room off the kitchen
- Well tended garden of infinite delights includes custom made wrought iron archways with climbing roses and thriving vegetable boxes
- Swimming pool with automated retractable child safety hardcover
- Tiled double garage with storage cupboards and electronic door opener – currently used as a gym room with TV and a laundry area, outside toilet
- Lock away parking behind electronically controlled sliding gate
Extra features and benefits include:-
- Multi-functional USB, data points and fully integrated wireless internet
- House rewired 4 years ago including a comprehensive and unobtrusive security installation with new alarm system, exterior beams, perimeter electric fencing, gates with fingerprint recognition, wireless CCTV with night vision cameras, all linked to TV and/or cell phones
- Energy efficient LED lights both indoors and out.
- Dual wiring for a generator with automatic transfer system resulting in full power within 1.5 minutes of mains outage
- Wireless surround sound system by Sonos – separately controlled in each room
- High speed 100meg fibre with Unifi devices providing seamless wifi connectivity throughout the house
- Light switches and interchangeable socket outlets throughout the house by Legrand
- Smoke detectors
- 3 Water storage tanks (two x 2500 litres and one 750 litres)
- Shared borehole with the neighbouring property allowing ample water supply – title deed registration in process.