Ground size:- over 1,060m2; Floor size over 200m2
A beautiful single storey home within a gated community offering a unique opportunity to downsize successfully without compromising comfort or lifestyle. Beautifully refurbished and situated in sought after Boshof Estate promising peace of mind, luxury living and a prestigious address. Gracious rooms that interlead provide good formal and informal entertainment flow.
Completed in August 2005, this Gentleman’s Estate was the first of its kind in Fernwood, where historically one acre plots were the order of the day. The estate comprises 8 magnificently appointed free standing homes plus a guard house. Fernwood, a nature lovers paradise nestling at the bottom of a world famous national park; where walking children and dogs is a way of life; where we all commune with the mountain – let alone the flowers and trees; where raucous guinea fowl and hadidas make themselves at home; where the Liesbeek River flows down an unpolluted riverbed and each spring we are treated to a progression of snowdrops, arum lilies and white freesias.
- Portico with handsome wooden door opening to the gleaming tiled entrance hall with painted wood paneling
- Elegant lounge with built in enclosed wood burning fireplace and double doors leading out to the patio/sunroom
- Family room or large study with bespoke cabinetry
- The dining room, with a built in server, forms the hub of the home and is well positioned in an open plan layout between the kitchen and the patio/sunroom.
- Enclosed sunroom/patio with skylight, floor tiles, built-in enclosed wood burning fireplace and glass sliding doors opening to the garden, patio and pool
- The open plan kitchen in white cabinetry complete with laboratory sink, central island/breakfast counter, gas hob, under counter electric oven, double eye-level microwave ovens, extractor fan and integrated fridge/freezer.
- An attractive gated lockable store room serves as a butler’s pantry and a wine cellar
- The sumptuous main bedroom suite also has double doors opening onto the patio and consists of a T.V. seating area, fireplace, expansive dressing room and luxurious bathroom including double vanity, freestanding slipper bath with telephone shower, shower, bidet and heated towel rails
- Second bedroom with double built-in wardrobes as well as a walk-in linen cupboard and en-suite bathroom with shower and heated towel rail
- The third bedroom suite was converted into a gym/play room which now forms part of the main suite and has mirrored walls, white floor tiles and double doors leading out to the pool
- Wallpapered guest cloakroom
- The walled symmetrical garden design with its clipped hedgings complements the Georgian style
- Private swimming pool and pond at entrance
- Double garage with electronically controlled doors. direct access into the entrance hall and a
- Drive through carport – ideal for boat or caravan
- Guest parking outside garage and on the driveway
- Perimeter electric fencing, alarm system with beams
- All wooden sash windows with blinds
- Good tenant in place until April 2021
- Pets allowed
- Rates R4,600 a month
- Levies R4,200 per month – covers the 24 hour access control security costs, borehole running costs, external electricity for lights, common area maintenance and running costs and reserve for maintenance of external aesthetics of complex.
- Borehole in complex shared on rotational basis