A treasured Newlands home
Traditional and modern elements blend harmoniously in this Newlands home that has stood the test of time. This property has the ingredients for happy family living and is situated in an undeniably green lung on the corner of Pinewood Park and a five minute walk to Newlands Forest. Perfectly positioned for UCT, SACS and Westerford Schools. A handsome house under a Mazista slate roof, also featuring attractive leaded pane windows and gleaming wooden floors as well as beautiful brass fittings.
Size of ground : over 750m2
- Entrance portico and double front doors in painted wood and leaded pane open to
- Entrance hall and beautiful wooden flooring with seamless flow to
- Lounge with wood burning fireplace. Overlooking the garden on two sides with stack back doors opening wide, the double aspect of this room features deep cornices around bulkheads and ceiling to floor curtains creating a richness and elegance – this theme continues throughout the home.
- The dining room, in a semi open plan layout with the lounge, also has a fireplace with built-in shelving and leads out to the patio on the north side. Doors swing open on the other side for easy access to a
- Dreamy kitchen with cream cabinetry, a central island and wooden breakfast counter, with vegetable basket drawers, extractor fan and central skylight. Serious cooks will love the professional “coup de flue” cook-top of the Rosières Paul Bocuse stove with a combination of gas and electricity.
- The laundry/scullery next to the kitchen is plumbed for a dishwasher and washing machine
- The Family room is in a semi open plan layout to the kitchen with wall to wall carpets and double doors opening onto a patio overlooking the swimming pool
- Large fourth bedroom downstairs (could also be a good work from home office) with an en-suite shower room/guest cloakroom.
- Feel spoilt in the generosity of the master bedroom with a walk in closet, mountain views and en-suite bathroom with marble topped double vanity, bath and shower
- The second bedroom has built-in cupboards
- The third bedroom also has built-in cupboards
- Family bathroom with bath and shower
- Large storeroom/workshop or staff accommodation with shower room.
- Salt chlorinated swimming pool in established private garden with beautiful mountain views
- Double garage and a herringbone paved paved driveway behind a secure electronic gate
- Security includes burglar bars, alarm system and external beams