FROM FOREST TO FANTASY
Expect a sudden mood change the minute you enter Greenford House. Inspired by Italian architecture and the charm of Tuscany, it is a breathtaking woodland hideaway that evokes the ambience of a secluded Villa. Providing sustenance to your soul – it’s a mix of simple, well chosen and sturdy furnishings, elegant iron accents, working shutters, ornamental patios, courtyard gardens, laid back verandas, majestic mountain backdrops and a forest glade that extends the peaceful garden of infinite delights. 3 Double bedrooms, pajama lounge and 2 bathrooms upstairs, guest suite downstairs, separate self contained apartment, borehole and great secure parking in cul-de-sac. Occupation 1 January 2023.
Size of ground: over 700 m² /Size of house: over 370 m²
Usage: Double dwelling / Rates:- approximately R4,000 per month
This extraordinary Newlands house is situated at the end of a cul-de sac on the edge of a greenbelt housing the Kommetjie Spring, a nature lovers paradise where walking children and dogs is a way of life; where we all commune with the mountain, let alone the flowers and trees; where Egyptian geese and raucous Hadidas make themselves at home, where you are lucky enough to see the occasional hawk or owl and where each spring we are treated to the sound of mating frogs and a progression of snowdrops and arum lilies.
Interior designed to seduce you with most of the furnishings and fittings included, all you need to do is stock up on firewood and robust red wine and you’ll be set to lockdown in style.
- A covered front verandah, ideal for outdoor entertaining, includes lounge with huge open wood burning fireplace and gimbaled cradle on chains, large dining space, a bar/kitchen area with a built-in gas bar-be-que, sink, wine coolers and beer on tap.
- The entrance hall, lounge, dining room and kitchen are linked in an open plan layout under a wood strip ceiling with exposed beams and incorporating the formal lounge with fireplace – Tudor grate;
- The dining room with pendulum light and built in wall unit is large enough for lunch con la famiglia or dinner for twelve; and
- The entertainer’s kitchen that fuses traditional looks with hi-tech accoutrements and efficiency of the professional caterer features wooden shutters and work surfaces, white cabinetry and wall tiles, an island in blue painted cabinetry and white granite top, pendulum lights and a prep sink, drinks fridge, electric oven with five plate gas hob, own convenient faucet above and an extractor fan.
- The second service/butlers kitchen with a hatch through to the main kitchen and a separate scullery, includes another cooker with tap above an electric oven and five plate gas hob, extractor fan, double eye level oven, microwave oven, double fridge/freezer, pantry cupboard, vegetable baskets, pan, boards and apron racks, double stainless steel sink and dishwasher
- Back lit wine cellar with glass door
- Guest cloakroom with Italian floors tiles (matching the bathrooms)
- A large study next to the living room with built-in wall unit, fireplace, double doors leading out to a courtyard garden with fountain and another hidden patio – a sun trap for afternoon tè per due or a quiet glass of vino at sunset.
- Upstairs comprises a pyjama lounge with built-in television unit;
- A luxury master suite that has a generously sized bedroom overlooking the forest glade, a fireplace, two large separate walk-in his and her dressing rooms, one with a private toilet and a bathroom with mountain views from your slipper bath, chandelier, huge shower and double vanity unit, magnifying mirror, separate toilet and heated towel rail;
- Two double bedrooms, also on the North side facing the forest glade and both with built in cupboards; and
- Family bathroom with bath, shower, heated towel rail and vanity unit, separate toilet.
- A downstairs guest suite with built-in cupboards, double doors opening onto a courtyard garden, an ensuite bathroom with shower and a heated towel rail.
- Greenford Cottage, a self-contained apartment with separate entrance, has a large bedroom and living room combined with built-in cupboards and a fireplace, overlooking the back courtyard garden with covered wood stack, air conditioner, plus its own galley style kitchen, built in table/desk, with gas hob, portable oven and microwave plus a white tiled showeroom.
- Laundry room with shower and toilet.
- The garden with its symmetrical design benefits from plantings by Alan Dawson and compliments the Italian style with its fountains, water ways, Ticky creeper covered bench, archways and patios.
- Borehole and water filtration system with water storage tanks that services the entire home, sprinkler system
- Sparkling blue swimming pool with salt water chlorinator includes matching loungers
- Double garage with automatic opener and parking for another six cars
- Plenty of built in undercover wood storage
- Security includes hidden perimeter electric fencing, alarm system, outdoor beams, roll down shutter doors and one for the staircase at night..
- Fibre internet installed