Size of ground: over 820m², Rates: R3,130 per month
Zoned General Residential 4 with double dwelling usage
Currently run as a sophisticated four-star guest house enjoying good occupancy it also offers versatile family accommodation with dual living. This peaceful and private sanctuary benefits from a quiet cul-de-sac and yet within a few minutes’ walk of new and trendy coffee shops, restaurants and convenience stores.
While this pretty street has a row of historic Victorian houses with their ornate verandahs and corrugated tin roofs typical of that period, this home is more contemporary, faces north and has its own wonderful charm, blending the essential ‘Englishness’ of the area’s colonial origins with a serenity and informality that is uniquely African.
- Attractive paved courtyard entrance with feature pond and fountain
- Breezeway entrance hall
- Large lounge with wood burning fireplace, bay window, wall to wall coir carpets – opens to covered verandah, in a semi open plan layout with
- Conservatory/dining room that also leads out to the garden
- Charming elevated verandah overlooking treed garden with reed ceiling, seating and dining area
- Large swimming pool with solar blanket
- Well-designed kitchen with white and green cabinetry, granite work surfaces, central island, granite and wood top with bar stools and breakfast room with French doors to courtyard. Includes under counter electric oven, gas hob, extractor fan, plumbing for dishwasher.
- Separate laundry room with plumbing for washing machine and space for dryer
- Guest cloakroom
- Five double bedroom suites all with built-in cupboards, air conditioning, heated towel rails, ceiling heaters in bathrooms and television connections:-
- A separate self-contained flat with its own entrance patio, seating area open plan to kitchen with breakfast counter, granite tops, under counter oven, hob and extractor fan, bedroom with built-in cupboards and door to back garden, bathroom with shower and plumbing for washing machine.
- A spacious bedroom with gleaming parquet flooring, pitched wooden ceilings, remote controlled fan, own seating area overlooking the garden, kitchenette and bathroom with shower. Double doors open to patio dining.
- Upstairs in the main house, a loft bedroom with seating area in bay window (mountain views) and private bathroom with shower, wall heater and checkerboard floor.
- A charming room overlooking the swimming pool with private entrance through French doors, en-suite bathroom with bath and shower
- The original main bedroom suite with dressing room and en-suite bathroom with large shower
- Study overlooks entrance courtyard and is accessed via the main bedroom suite.
- Single garage with electronic controls for garage door and direct access on to entrance courtyard. Separate carport on the other side of the property.