A FINE VINTAGE
This valued single storey Victorian home is understated and traditional creating a sense of quiet dignity and homely comfort. The property has been beautifully modernised while retaining its period charm. Lovingly maintained and cared for, it features sash windows with working shutters, high ceilings, original Oregon wood strip flooring throughout, open fireplaces, wood fires, skylit windows and open plan living with great entertainment flow. Just a stroll from Cavendish with its abundance of shops and on the periphery of Grove Primary School, this corner site is amazingly quiet and secure.
Size of ground: Almost 800m2 / Rates: Approximately R3,000 per month
- Warm and welcoming long wide entrance hall
- Lounge and formal dining room in an open plan layout with French doors leading out on one side to the cocktail deck and pool and Happy doors to the kitchen on the other. Built in bookshelves and an open wood burning Victorian fireplace.
- The sumptuous family room has built in wall unit, desk and stack back glass doors that open out onto a braai and patio
- Beautifully appointed white on white kitchen appropriate for the era, but now more interesting and contemporary with black granite work surfaces, an eat at central island with pendulum lights, teal cabinetry and a wood surface, real pantry cupboard, a warm red combustion fireplace and space for casual dining. Includes electric oven with five plate gas hob, stainless steel extractor fan, prep bowl, vegetable baskets, room for double fridge/freezer, microwave shelf, hidden appliance cupboard and space for a bar fridge.
- Separate scullery and laundry room off the kitchen with connections for washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher, built-in cupboards and shelves as well as direct access to the garaging.
- The main bedroom suite has a Victorian fireplace with built-in drawers and windows either side, built-in cupboards and a
- Beautiful large en-suite bathroom featuring Travertine tiles, a pretty chandelier, his and her Victorian basins, free-standing bath and huge walk in shower
- Second double bedroom with fireplace
- Third double bedroom with built-in cupboards and en-suite shower room
- Family bathroom with Victorian bath and shower.
- Fourth bedroom or workroom and an en-suite shower room with direct access to the garage.
- Covered patio off the family room with a built-in braai
- Double garage with electronically controlled roll up door on one side and
- A double carport on the other with an electronically controlled sliding gate
- Colourful well tended garden with a cocktail deck and swimming pool
- Garden irrigation system
- Alarm system and perimeter electric fencing
- Fibre wifi connected